It’s been a while since I’ve updated you all on a few things. I apologize in advance because there is going to be a flurry of activity this week, but it all good stuff and I think you’ll be excited.
I have had a lot of people ask me when Deliver (The Blades of Acktar #4) will release.
The short answer: I don’t know yet.
Sorry. *wince* *ducks flying books*
The long answer: The first draft is written. That’s the first big step. Now that November is over, I plan to spend December revising. The revised draft should go out to my editor and early readers in late December or early January. Then it all depends on how long it takes for my editor and early readers to go through it and send it back to me, and how many changes I have to make in the second revision. Then all the publishing stuff and proofreading. Right now, I’m hoping for a March release, but I’m making no promises. I don’t want to rush and give you a sub-par book.
Before you despair too much, keep reading for an update on everything I plan to publish in the next few months.
I Won NaNoWriMo!
In case you don’t know what that is, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. In November, authors all over the world commit to writing 50,000 words in 1 month. Yes, it is as crazy as it sounds, especially for writers like me that also work a day job. To put this in perspective, since working my current full time job, I have never written 50,000 words in a month. My highest word count was roughly 30,000. Somehow, I needed to find time to write an extra 20,000 words.
I did it. Not really sure how. Actually, I do know how. I pretty much did nothing but write and work the entire month of November. But, it was worth it.
What does this mean for you, my amazing readers?
Well, obviously, I wrote 50,000 words of new Blades of Acktar stuff. That’s a lot of words that will be coming your way.
Stuff I wrote during NaNo:
- I finished the novella about the Leader titled Destroy
- An extended ending short story for Deliver
- A short story about Shad and Jolene
- A few backstory scribbles of scenes in Dare from Shad’s POV
- A short story about Laurence & Annita Faythe, Renna and Brandi’s parents
- A short story set 10 years after the end of Deliver
- A few scenes set 8 years after the end of Deliver that could turn into a novella down the road (but not right away.)
If you’ve been keeping track, I have first drafts of Book 4, a novella, 4 short stories, and a few random backstory scribbles waiting in line to be published. You might be wondering when in Acktar all this cool stuff will finally make it your way.
Here’s the tentative schedule. Things might change, and I’m making no promises.
- Destroy (The Blades of Acktar #3.5) releases as Kindle only – this is the novella on the Resistance Leader that gives both backstory for when Respen took over and some new information on what happens immediately after Defy ends. This novella is something of a prequel-sequel that spans about 6 years of time. It isn’t necessary to read this book before Deliver, but it gives more insight into certain characters.
- short story about Shad and Jolene (to be titled yet) – this will be posted as a freebie on my website as part of launch stuff for Destroy
- short story about Laurence and Annita Faythe (to be titled yet) – this will also be posted as a freebie on my website as part of launch stuff for Destroy
- Deliver (The Blades of Acktar #4) releases – remember, this is a tentative release date. Subject to change
- extended ending short story for Deliver (to be titled yet) – this will be posted as a freebie on my website as part of launch stuff for Deliver
- short story set 10 years after Deliver – this will also be posted as a freebie on my website as part of launch stuff for Deliver
- Destroy releases as paperback with all the short stories released as part of the launches for Destroy and Deliver included as bonus content.
Some of the other random backstory scribbles will probably also be released during one of the launches as freebies on my website.
Yes, you read that right. The next Blades of Acktar release is planned for the end of THIS MONTH. It’s a novella (though technically long enough I could call it a short novel) and releasing as a Kindle ebook only at this time, but still. That’s only a few weeks away. I might be kinda freaking out at this point.
Later this week, I’ll have a cover release for Destroy and give out an official release date so you can count down the days. There will also be more information about Destroy then.
So stay tuned. 😉