Your privacy is important. I use wordpress.com for my site. Here’s a list of principles they have provided that I abide by.
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control that information, or even delete it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
By accessing the website at http://www.triciamingerink.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Sword & Cross Publishing’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Sword & Cross Publishing’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Sword & Cross Publishing at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Sword & Cross Publishing’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Sword & Cross Publishing makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Sword & Cross Publishing does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Sword & Cross Publishing or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Sword & Cross Publishing’s website, even if Sword & Cross Publishing or a Sword & Cross Publishing authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Sword & Cross Publishing’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Sword & Cross Publishing does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Sword & Cross Publishing may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Sword & Cross Publishing does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Sword & Cross Publishing has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Sword & Cross Publishing of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Sword & Cross Publishing may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of michigan and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Sword & Cross Publishing’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://www.triciamingerink.com, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
When you join my newsletter you are asked to provide an email address. This email address is needed so that I can send you my author newsletter. I will send you notices of upcoming new releases, sales, and opportunities for free and/or discounted books.
To protect your privacy, I use a double opt in. When you provide your email address, Mailchimp will double check to make sure you wish to join my list. Only after you have granted permission will Mailchimp provide the email address to my account with them.
- I do not share or sell your email address and information provided.
- You may unsubscribe at any time. (There’s a link at the bottom of every newsletter I send.)
- You may ask to see what information I have saved on Mailchimp.
- You may ask to be deleted (right to be forgotten) from my Mailchimp dashboard.
You can also read Mailchimp’s policy on cookies and other tracking here.
My website is hosted by wordpress.com (Automattic.)
You can choose to remain completely anonymous and bookmark me. You can also choose to follow my blog, or comment.
I do get to see a map that shows which country visitors are from.
I never receive your email address from wordpress.