It’s been a while since I’ve updated you all on a few things. I apologize in advance because there is going to be a flurry of activity this week, but it all good stuff and I think you’ll be excited.
I have had a lot of people ask me when Deliver (The Blades of Acktar #4) will release.
The short answer: I don’t know yet.
Sorry. *wince* *ducks flying books*
The long answer: The first draft is written. That’s the first big step. Now that November is over, I plan to spend December revising. The revised draft should go out to my editor and early readers in late December or early January. Then it all depends on how long it takes for my editor and early readers to go through it and send it back to me, and how many changes I have to make in the second revision. Then all the publishing stuff and proofreading. Right now, I’m hoping for a March release, but I’m making no promises. I don’t want to rush and give you a sub-par book.
Before you despair too much, keep reading for an update on everything I plan to publish in the next few months.
I Won NaNoWriMo!
In case you don’t know what that is, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. In November, authors all over the world commit to writing 50,000 words in 1 month. Yes, it is as crazy as it sounds, especially for writers like me that also work a day job. To put this in perspective, since working my current full time job, I have never written 50,000 words in a month. My highest word count was roughly 30,000. Somehow, I needed to find time to write an extra 20,000 words.
I did it. Not really sure how. Actually, I do know how. I pretty much did nothing but write and work the entire month of November. But, it was worth it.
What does this mean for you, my amazing readers?
Well, obviously, I wrote 50,000 words of new Blades of Acktar stuff. That’s a lot of words that will be coming your way.
Stuff I wrote during NaNo:
- I finished the novella about the Leader titled Destroy
- An extended ending short story for Deliver
- A short story about Shad and Jolene
- A few backstory scribbles of scenes in Dare from Shad’s POV
- A short story about Laurence & Annita Faythe, Renna and Brandi’s parents
- A short story set 10 years after the end of Deliver
- A few scenes set 8 years after the end of Deliver that could turn into a novella down the road (but not right away.)
If you’ve been keeping track, I have first drafts of Book 4, a novella, 4 short stories, and a few random backstory scribbles waiting in line to be published. You might be wondering when in Acktar all this cool stuff will finally make it your way.
Here’s the tentative schedule. Things might change, and I’m making no promises.
- Destroy (The Blades of Acktar #3.5) releases as Kindle only – this is the novella on the Resistance Leader that gives both backstory for when Respen took over and some new information on what happens immediately after Defy ends. This novella is something of a prequel-sequel that spans about 6 years of time. It isn’t necessary to read this book before Deliver, but it gives more insight into certain characters.
- short story about Shad and Jolene (to be titled yet) – this will be posted as a freebie on my website as part of launch stuff for Destroy
- short story about Laurence and Annita Faythe (to be titled yet) – this will also be posted as a freebie on my website as part of launch stuff for Destroy
- Deliver (The Blades of Acktar #4) releases – remember, this is a tentative release date. Subject to change
- extended ending short story for Deliver (to be titled yet) – this will be posted as a freebie on my website as part of launch stuff for Deliver
- short story set 10 years after Deliver – this will also be posted as a freebie on my website as part of launch stuff for Deliver
- Destroy releases as paperback with all the short stories released as part of the launches for Destroy and Deliver included as bonus content.
Some of the other random backstory scribbles will probably also be released during one of the launches as freebies on my website.
Yes, you read that right. The next Blades of Acktar release is planned for the end of THIS MONTH. It’s a novella (though technically long enough I could call it a short novel) and releasing as a Kindle ebook only at this time, but still. That’s only a few weeks away. I might be kinda freaking out at this point.
Later this week, I’ll have a cover release for Destroy and give out an official release date so you can count down the days. There will also be more information about Destroy then.
So stay tuned. 😉
Posted in Announcements, The Blades of Acktar and tagged Blades of Acktar, Dare, Defy, Delver, Deny, Destroy, NaNoWriMo, The Blades of Acktar, Tricia Mingerink by TriciaMingerink with 4 comments.
Defy releases today!!!!! Eeep! I can’t believe it is here already!
The blog tour is in full swing. You can check out what has been posted already and upcoming posts here.
One final bit of housekeeping. The Kindle versions of Dare and Deny were both supposed to be on sale this weekend. You may have noticed that the sale on the Kindle version of Deny suddenly cut out. Never try to schedule a sale on one of your Kindle books right when your Kindle Select membership is set to renew. It makes it difficult, just saying. Due to this, the sale won’t go back up until June 2 and will continue to run to June 4. This is only on Deny. The sale for Dare went off without a hitch and will be running through June 3.
Enjoy Defy and the rest of the blog tour! Don’t miss the Facebook party on June 2. It’s going to be a blast!
Posted in Announcements, The Blades of Acktar, Uncategorized and tagged assassin, Blog Tour, Christian YA Fiction, Dare, Defy, Deny, fantasy, The Blades of Acktar, Tricia Mingerink by TriciaMingerink with 7 comments.
I’ve been promising to reveal the cover for Defy sometime this week. I was holding off on sending out the ARC copies, hoping I’d get the cover in time to include it on the ARCs.
Last night, I broke down and sent out the ARCs. An hour after I sent them out, I finally got the cover. It’d my own fault it was so delayed. I’m the one who based Nalgar off a ruined castle.
If you signed up to review Defy as part of the blog tour or as one of the review copies, you should’ve received an email from me last night. If you didn’t, you might want to check your junk mail. If the email is still missing, please email me.
Oh, yes, you’re waiting for the cover reveal, aren’t you?
Once again, my cover designer did an amazing job. Click here to check out her website. She had to digitally recreate Nalgar Castle based off the ruins of Raglan Castle in Wales and my own tweaks. I’m amazed at how it turned out!
Without further chatter from me, here is the cover for Defy!
Posted in Announcements, Sequels, The Blades of Acktar and tagged assassin, Christian fantasy, Cover Reveal, Dare, Defy, Deny, fantasy, The Blades of Acktar, Tricia Mingerink by TriciaMingerink with 7 comments.
As you can see by the title and the huge picture below, both Dare and Deny are now available as audiobooks! I am so excited about this, and once again, the narrator Jesse Dornan did an amazing job! Deny had its own peculiar challenges, such as two songs, but I love the end result! If you want to listen to the first five minutes of Deny, here’s a link.
To celebrate, I’m giving away 5 free audiobooks, your choice of either Dare or Deny. Please see the end of this post for the Rafflecopter entry.
Like before, Deny is only available as a digital eAudiobook. You can always burn CDs for your own personal use if that is how you prefer to listen. Or you can listen to the eAudiobook through an app or download onto an IPod or other device. There are a number of options.
Options for purchase:
- Whispersync (only available for Dare right now) – If you buy the ebook copy of Dare through Amazon, you can also buy the audiobook at a HUGE discount. Right now, adding the audiobook is only $1.99. That means, you pay $2.99 for the ebook, $1.99 for the audiobook, for a total of $4.98. As I said, this only works for Dare right now. It could take up to three months before Deny has this option (last time, I had to bug them until they finally processed Dare).
- Trial Audible Account – If you sign up for an Audible.com membership for the first time, you get 1 free audiobook for signing up. If you don’t want to pay the monthly fee, you can cancel right away. You’ll still get to keep your free audiobook. Only works once, but it is a great way to get one free audiobook if you don’t listen to audiobooks frequently, but would like to try one out.
- Audible Account – For those who listen to a lot of audiobooks (like me), an Audible account is amazing. You pay $14.95 a month for 1 audiobook a month. With this membership, you also get discounts on all other audiobooks you purchase. If you have a membership, you have the options to either use your $14.95 credit or purchase either Dare or Deny for $13.96.
- Amazon – If you don’t want to sign up for an Audible account, you can buy the audiobooks for full price at ITunes, Amazon, or Audible. I don’t know about ITunes, but full price at Audible is $19.99 while full price on Amazon is $17.46, so that would be your best option there.
I know audiobooks aren’t for everyone, but they were a lifesaver back when I was in college and the only time I could “read” was listening to audiobooks during my commute. Nowadays, I still get a big chunk of my reading done during my hour-round-trip commute every day.
Okay, you all have waited patiently to find the Rafflecopter entry link. Because, admit it, winning a free audibook is probably your favorite way to get a copy. 😉
Enter to win 1 of 5 audiobook copies of either Dare or Deny here:a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Edited: Thanks for the response for the blog tour and reviews! All spots are now full!*
Posted in Announcements, The Blades of Acktar and tagged assassin, Audible, audio, audiobook, book on tape, Christian YA Fiction, Dare, Deny, fantasy, The Blades of Acktar, Tricia Mingerink by TriciaMingerink with 9 comments.
No, that’s not an April Fool’s joke (because that would be cruel). Actually, I planned to announce this yesterday to avoid any April Fool’s fake outs, but being sick through that timeline out the window.
Anyway, the news that you’ve all been waiting to hear:
The release date for DEFY is…
My awesome cover designer Ashley is working on the cover, so hopefully I’ll have that to reveal shortly. And it’s time to start putting together all the launch stuff. Seriously, didn’t we just do this?
Oh, and I got to finish the final edit and send it off to the proofreader. Details, details.
Anyway, what are you looking forward to in a book launch?
Posted in Announcements, The Blades of Acktar and tagged book 2, Book 3, Dare, Defy, Deny, The Blades of Acktar, Tricia Mingerink by TriciaMingerink with 19 comments.
Before I announce the winners, I want to once again congratulate everyone on their submissions! Thirteen people sent in a total of 28 different submissions! Wow! I was amazed to have so many of you send in such creative pieces! Even if you didn’t win, I loved each and every one of them.
I’ve already emailed all of the winners. If your name is listed below, you might want to check your email. 😉
Prizes: 2 $5 Gift Cards just for entering, choice of Dare, Deny, or Defy ebook for the winners of the different categories, and choice of signed Dare, Deny, or Defy paperback for the winners of the Fan Favorite and Author’s Favorite awards.
Winners of the $5 Amazon Gift Cards
For those who entered the fan art contest, I held a drawing for a total of 2 Amazon gift cards.
Winners: Jessica Witt and Moko Kai
The voting on this category was EXTREMELY close. It kept going back and forth between a couple of photos, but in the end, the below photo pulled away by a slim margin.
Winner: Adri Ray – Photo 1
I’m not sure how everyone managed to pick a favorite in this category! I was glad this winner was chosen by voting, because I never would’ve been able to choose!
Winner: Blades of Acktar Fanfiction by Rebekah Jewett
If you’d like to read it again to refresh your memory, click here.
So many great videos! In the end, one video managed to pull ahead of the others.
Winner: Dare Book Trailer – Rose Knight
I loved so many of the drawings in this category! You guys are all so talented!
Winner: Leith and Vane – Hannah Rogers
Now, on to the two grand prizes: Fan Favorite and Author’s Favorite!
Fan Favorite Award
To determine the Fan Favorite, I had all of your enter your top three. I then dumped the result in Excel and averaged the rank of each entry. You guys made a great choice, because Hannah’s artwork is amazing!
Winner: Leith and Vane – Hannah Rogers
Like I’ve said, I loved all of the submissions. It was so hard to choose just one for this prize! In the end, I decided to choose a submission that I adored, but it hadn’t already gotten a prize.
Winner: Scene from Dare – Hannah Rodes
Once again, congratulations to everyone! Thanks for your enthusiasm for The Blades of Acktar and for making this contest so amazing to look through!
Posted in Announcements, The Blades of Acktar and tagged assassin, Christian Fiction, Christian YA Fiction, Dare, Defy, Deny, fan art, fan fiction, fantasy, Leith Torren, The Blades of Acktar, Tricia Mingerink by TriciaMingerink with 4 comments.
Now that you’ve seen all the amazing submissions, the voting is now open! How you’re going to choose, I have no idea!
All the submissions were so amazing, and I was blown away by all of you who entered. Even if you don’t win, please know that you have my deepest thanks for taking the time to put together a submission and participate in this fan art contest.
The voting will be open started today (March 19) and running to next Friday (March 25). I’ll announce the winners on Saturday, March 26.
To vote, please fill out the below form:
Posted in The Blades of Acktar and tagged assassin, Christian YA Fiction, Dare, Deny, fan art, fan art contest, fan fiction, fantasy, The Blades of Acktar, Tricia Mingerink by TriciaMingerink with 3 comments.