Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my “things I’m thankful for” list every year. It’s hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- A Time to Speak, by Nadine Brandes: Nadine happens to be my editor for The Blades of Acktar, and along the way she’s also become a friend and mentor. Dare and Deny wouldn’t be what they are without her. Not only that, but she’s an amazing writer whose books also encourage me to live each day pursuing God’s purpose in my life.
- The King’s Scrolls, by Jaye L. Knight: I actually stumbled upon The Ilyon Chronicles in the build up for the release of The King’s Scrolls. I’d heard a lot of good things about them, so I signed up for the blog tour, bought Resistance, and read it and The King’s Scrolls in a matter of days. Jaye has been an awesome friend online.
- Of the Coldblooded, by Angie Brashear: Another awesome author friend and prayer warrior. I leaned on her prayers a lot while editing Deny. Her books also make my list of top Christian fantasy
- Leaving Nelson, by Kim Moss: I had written off Christian contemporary YA as a genre I’d never read and enjoy until Kim and I ended up on a launch team together, and she asked if I’d be willing to review her books. I said yes, and I never regretted it. 🙂
- Mardan’s Mark, by Kathleen McKee: I love the unique characters in this book and that the setting in this book is also based on American geography instead of the standard medieval Europe.
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading! Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 27-30. There’s literally something for everyone.
Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you.
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?
A note on the Ebooks Only page. All books are listed as “Sold Out.” This only refers to paperback copies of these titles. Please click onto the product pages to find descriptions and links to discounted or free ebooks.
Acknowledgements: Thanks to Leah E. Good for her work organizing this sale, Gloria Repp for completing the time consuming job of uploading book info to the sale website, and Hannah Mills for her fantastic design work on the website graphics. Hannah can be contacted at hmills(at)omorecollege(dot)edu for more information about her design services.
Posted in Uncategorized by TriciaMingerink with no comments yet.